Other places of interest to visit near Ludlow
Ludlow is an ideal place for touring in Shropshire and the neighbouring counties. The following places of interest are all within easy driving distance from The Mount Guest House:
- ACTON SCOTT HISTORIC WORKING FARM - situated in the estate’s 18th century Home Farm buildings, Acton Scott’s Historic Working Farm is a wonderful visitor attraction for all the family to enjoy.
- BERRINGTON HALL - The classic English country house, almost perfect both inside and out. A masterpiece by Henry Holland, set in a magical Lancelot 'Capability' Brown parkland setting.
- CARDING MILL VALLEY - where you can walk or drive along the great ridge known as The Long Mynd, and enjoy stunning views of the Shropshire and Cheshire plains.
- IRONBRIDGE - you must visit this enchanting valley with its working museum and real history.
LUDLOW FOOD CENTRE - Ludlow Food Centre is a unique food shopping experience where farming, food production and retailing come together to create a very special environment. We are part of the Earl of Plymouth's Oakly Park Estate which extends to approximately 8,000 acres of Shropshire countryside.
- STOKESAY CASTLE - a fortified manor house - perhaps the best example of its type in England.
- STOKESAY COURT - A Grade II* listed mansion set in landscaped grounds. A lived-in family home and a principal location for the filming of "Atonement".
- THE SHROPSHIRE HILS AONB - The hills, rolling farmland, woods and river valleys of this varied and special landscape are rich in geology and wildlife and ingrained with heritage. Off the beaten track and tranquil, this is a living, working place, loved by locals and visitors alike for its quality of environment, for walking and activities of all levels, and for relaxation and inspiration.
- SHROPSHIRE DISCOVERY CENTRE - Take a stroll in our meadows, relax in our cafe and learn about the wonders of the Shropshire Hills landscape and history, including the best places to go, eat and stay. Get up close and personal to Shropshire’s larger than life mammoth and step back into the Iron Age.
- SEVERN VALLEY RAILWAY - take a steam train ride through 16 miles of glorious countryside - a great day out.
- WITLEY COURT - A hundred years ago, Witley Court was one of England's great country houses, hosting many extravagant parties. Today it is a spectacular ruin, the result of a disastrous fire in 1937.
- WYE VALLEY - an area of outstanding natural scenery to be enjoyed at an unhurried pace.